The online appointment booking software, which was initially utilised by public institutions and the tourism industry, is now being valued by retailers and restaurants as well.
While many companies continue to monitor appointments manually in notebooks or spreadsheets, others seize the opportunities of digitalisation.
Check out a few of the most compelling reasons why companies like Target and Kmart use such platforms or applications to engage with their clients below:
1. Gain More Customers by Improving Their Experience
The consumers’ needs and expectations are at the heart of any business. Using an online booking software is well-aligned with a consumer-centric approach.
If other retail and hospitality business owners apply these strategies, you can, too:
- Allowing customers to schedule appointments to avoid a crowded venue, and to even save a spot in a virtual queue — all done with the click of a button — will make any shopping experience can feel like a premium one;
- Provide discounts and special offers for buyers who use your online booking software;
- Prepare the products they viewed online for the in-store visit to strengthen your relationship with the customer and earn their loyalty. Use the opportunity to show them other relevant products that they haven't seen before.
2. Save Employees’ Time and Effort. Focus Their Attention on What’s Important
Instead of spending a lot of the workday making phone calls to manage appointments, your staff can focus on more fulfilling tasks such as online or in-store customer support.
For example, by collecting client data from the software, your team might provide birthday discounts, send personalised "thank you" emails, or send notifications about new stock additions based on their preferences.
Additionally, department stores can host online video meetings to provide consultations or to showcase available items.
Restaurants, in particular, can profit from appointment scheduling software on special events by better distributing their guests across virtual queues. That way, they engage with fewer waiting customers at once and they keep them from waiting for long periods.
3. Use Online Booking Software to Convert Website Visitors into Customers
In order to achieve that, a good practice is to integrate the online appointment booking software into all of the business’s channels (social media, Google maps) through a call-to-action button. This ensures that visitors can reach out to you much more quickly and conveniently than if they called during business hours.